National Project Professional Personnel - Population & Development
UNFPA Bangladesh invites applications from the eligible candidates for the following position:
: National Project Professional Personnel - Population & Development.
|Category||: Service Contract|
|Reporting to||: Deputy Representative/Assistant Representative|
|Duty Station||: Planning Commission.|
Under the overall guidance of UNFPA Representative and direct supervision of Deputy/Assistant Representative, and working with the respective project director, the NPPP substantively contributes to the effective management of UNFPA projects and activities in the area of Population & Development.
- Maintains collaborative relationships with counterparts in GoB, NGOs' and civil society to address the emerging Population and Developmental issues.
- Translates the component projects into activities and provides technical assistance for implementation in line with GoB Priorities and according to UNFPA programme polices and procedures.
- Takes responsibility for fund management, fund disbursement, follow-up and monitoring of funds and expenditure related with project activities.
- Provides and manages data inputs, logistical support, monitor project implementation and follow-up recommendations.
- Organizes and conduct trainings, orientation workshops and programmes; international events like WPD, International Women's Day etc. including steering committee meetings.
- Assist in promoting Population issues in evidence based research undertaken by GoB/NGOs/other research organizations.
Qualifications & Competencies:
Must have a post graduate degree from a renowned and established University in Population, or Statistics or Demography or in Social Science with at least 7(Seven) to 10(Ten) years of professional experience preferably in Programme/Project management which includes designing, planning and implementation. The candidate is expected of actively producing and disseminating new knowledge. Furthermore the incumbent needs to possess analytical skills and experience in dealing sensitive issues.
Interested candidates are requested to apply along with a detailed CV/P11 form and a passport size photograph on or before 13 October, 2008 by 4:30 am to The Representative, UNFPA Bangladesh, IDB Bhaban (15 th Floor), E/8-A Rokeya Sharani, Sher-e-Bangla Nagar, Dhaka-1207. Alternatively, CV/P11 can be send via e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Detailed Terms of Reference and P11 form can be obtained from UNFPA website www.unfpa-bangladesh.org/php/vacancy.php
Application from qualified Female Candidates are encouraged
"ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED"
Please note, this is a re-advertisement and those who applied earlier for this position need not apply.
Sher-e-Bangla Nagar, Dhaka-1207.