Position: Volunteer - Process Documentation (DIPECHO VI project)
Deadline: 28th September 2011
Oxfam as part of NARRI (National Alliance for Risk Reduction and Response Initiatives) consortium with funding support of ECHO under DIPECHO VI action plan have been implementing the project “A Disaster Resilient Future: Mobilizing Communities & Institutions for Effective Risk Reduction Initiatives” since mid March 2011. The project is being implemented in 33 char (low lying river island) villages in rural areas of district Faridpur vulnerable to floods and river erosion and 4 urban wards in Sylhet city vulnerable to earthquake. Two local NGO partners have been implementing this project. The project intends to support and complement strategies that enable local communities and institutions to better prepare for, mitigate and respond adequately to natural disasters. This shall be achieved through enhancing their capacities to cope and respond to disasters thereby increasing their resilience and reducing vulnerability.
We invite application from interested individuals (fresh graduate / post graduate) to undertake this Interesting assignment. The duration of this assignment is initially 06 (Six) months
Volunteer (process documentation) will work under the direct supervision of Programme Officer DIPECHO project, Oxfam. He / she will seek need based guidance and support from Programme Manager (DIPECHO), Oxfam Bangladesh.
Qualifications or specialised knowledge experience required
- Fresh graduate / post graduate in relevant discipline who want to develop their career in the development / humanitarian sector
- Should have excellent writing skills (English)
- Should be able to interact with different stakeholders (villagers, local elected members, local level government officials) in Bengali
- Willing to travel to field specially in char areas
- Should have proper understanding on process documentation of development and Disaster Risk Reduction programmes and human interest stories
- Preference will be given to those who have similar work experience
- IT literacy - Should have excellent command over MS office
- Having a laptop will be an added advantage
How to apply:
Please refer detailed TOR (Click here) for this assignment and submit your application (Soft copy) mail to email@example.com by 28th September 2011.
Please note that your application must consists followings:
- You have attached only one document (1st page explaining your suitability for this assignment & from 2nd page detailed CVs)
Please log on to http://narri-bd.org/ for further information.
Please quote jobsinbd.blogspot.com as the source of the job advert