UNFPA Bangladesh invites applications from the eligible candidates for the following positions:
: Assistant Representative - Reproductive Health.
|Level||: ICS 10 (NO-C)|
| Duty Station |
|: UNFPA, Dhaka. |
: 26th February, 2009 by 4:30 am
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the overall guidance of the UNFPA Representative and the direct supervision of the UNFPA Deputy Representative, the Assistant Representative is expected to play a leadership role in the area of Reproductive Health and human rights-based approach to Programme development. The Assistant Representative manages the UNFPA-supported activities in the areas of Reproductive Health and Maternal Health. Acting as an analyst/advisor, the Assistant Representative proactively provides the Representative/Deputy Representative with information on achievement of results in the implementation of UNFPA programmes in the areas of Reproductive and Maternal Health and the empowerment of women.
The Assistant Representative establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with counterparts in government, multilateral and bilateral donor agencies and civil society to address emerging issues and to facilitate programme delivery in the above-mentioned areas of UNFPA's Programme.
- Creates substantive knowledge of Maternal Health, Reproductive Health and gender issues in the country, assesses technical assistance needs in these areas and advises on the suitability of programmes and projects to meet these needs. Addresses policy issues and provides substantive inputs to facilitate policy dialogue and the incorporation of these policies into national plans and strategies, UN systems initiatives and development frameworks (CCA, UNDAF, PRSs, SWAps, JCSs, CAPs, MDGs).
- Provides substantive leadership and inputs into the design and formulation of programmes and projects translating UNFPA's mandate and strategic priorities in Reproductive Health initiative into local interventions, and responding to Government plans and priorities. Introduces into the project formulation process the results of Programme and project reviews and evaluations, best practices, as well as innovative strategies, approaches and policies.
- Advises and reports on achievement of Programme and project results, proactively measuring substantive progress and the effective utilization of financial and human project resources using appropriate monitoring and measuring mechanisms and tools. Leads Programme and project implementation guiding and orienting executing agencies and project personnel introducing effective modalities and practices of implementation.
- Oversee, monitor and analyze on a continuous basis, substantive Programme implementation, including preparing substantive Programme and financial reports on the Reproductive health issues.
- Provide support to the process of technical/annual and financial reviews of RH strategic plan through the preparation of internal documents to assess progress of implementation.
- Creates and documents knowledge by evaluating programmes, projects and ongoing experience for lessons learned, best practices and replicable strategies and approaches and actively shares and applies this knowledge. Creates mechanisms to collect and share knowledge.
Please visit www.unfpa-bangladesh.org for Detailed TOR, functional, corporate, and competency requirements. This is a summarized version of the TOR. Detailed TOR will be discussed with the sort-listed candidates.
Qualifications & Competencies:
Must have a Post-graduate or advance university degree or equivalent (preferably PhD) in public health, medicine, sociology, health systems/economics, or other field directly related to the substantive area identified in the title of the post with 10+ years of increasingly responsible professional experience in the substantive area, of which 7 years at senior management level. The incumbent also need to possess fluency in oral and written English with proficiency in office software applications.
Interested candidates are requested to apply along with a detailed CV/P11 form and a passport size photograph on or before 26th February, 2009 by 4:30 am to The Representative, UNFPA Bangladesh, IDB Bhaban (15th Floor), E/8-A Rokeya Sharani, Sher-e-Bangla Nagar, Dhaka-1207. Alternatively, CV/P11 can be send via e-mail to the following address: email@example.com. Detail Terms Of Reference and P11 form can be obtained from UNFPA website www.unfpa-bangladesh.org/php/vacancy.php