ActionAid is an International Development Organization has been working with 14 million poor and excluded people in 47 countries in Africa, Asia and the Americas to support them in securing their rights and eradicating poverty. ActionAid started its work in Bangladesh in 1983.
Position: Communication Officer -DIPECHO V
Deadline: 13th July 2009
ActionAid Bangladesh is looking appropriate candidates for filling-up the following position soon.
ENHANCING DISASTER PREPAREDNESS AMONG COMMUNITIES AND INSTITUTIONS IN BANGLADESH (in 5th DIPECHO Action Plan) is a 15 –month project working to st rengthen local communities and institutions to better prepared against risk and respond to cyclone, earthquake and flood .
The project is being funded by the European Commission (EC), implemented by ActionAid Bangladesh (AAB). In this project, the following position is available to deserving candidate for immediate appointment. Position is based at the ActionAid Bangladesh office in Dhaka.
Communication Officer -DIPECHO V
- Responsible for all project communication, visibility and promotional processes and linkage with AAB communications unit according to the specified budget.
- Keeping linkage with other DIPECHO partners on joint communication, visibility and promotional process.
- Timely document and circulate the success stories of the project to DIPECHO team and AAB
- Frequent (40% of the working time) field visit for collecting and compiling the case studies from the project area in consultation with Partners.
- Collect the case studies from project area of AAB and Partner quarterly
- Assist the Project Manager for finalizing the communication tools, research and study tools and other relevant documents
Qualification: Bachelors in any subject of social science, having a university degree in Communication or journalism would get preference.
Experience: At least Three (3) years working experience in disaster preparedness and Management; Having experience on Audio and video documentation
If you meet the above criteria, please apply with an updated CV along with a contract address of two referees on or before 13th July 2009 to:
The HR Department, ActionAid Bangladesh
PO Box # 6107, Gulshan Post Office, Dhaka 1212
Applicants having e-mail access could provide a soft copy of their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
[Any personal persuasion/phone call will result in disqualification of the candidature]