Date of issue: 6 April 2012
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) Bangladesh invites applications from Bangladeshi nationals for recruitment of the following position:
Position : Field Monitor Assistant (Barisal)
Contract Type : Service Contract (SC)
Grade : SC equivalent to GS-5
No. of posts :1 (One)
Duty Station : Barisal, Bangladesh
Duration : One year (with possibility of extension)
Closing Date : 16 April 2012
Major duties and responsibilities: Under the direct supervision of Senior Programme Assistant and overall supervision of the Head of Southern Operations, the Field Monitor Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Coordinate and monitor the implementation of the assistance programme at the local level, in close collaboration with the implementing partners;
- Monitor and review the overall commodity movements such as food deliveries, storage, transport and distribution at the site and verify if the amounts received have been properly recorded, damaged or suspected to be damaged;
- Supervise the efficient distribution of food items at the site and ensure proper distribution of entitlements and verify appropriate entitlements are distributed and provide feedback to Field Officers and others on the distribution;
- Assist in the conduct of regular meetings promotional activities of MDG-F;
- Assist in the implementation of the plan of action, review achievement and constraints and provide feedback accordingly;
- Assist the WFP Officer and implementing partners in encouraging women's access to economic skills development and sensitizing public opinion on gender issues and gender focused activities;
- Report periodically to the WFP Officer on relevant events regarding food management, distribution and other related issues;
- Identify any apparent issues in the programme and report them to the appropriate personnel;
- Supervise and train other personnel as appropriate;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Expected Results: Organized and precise records; well analyzed data with minimum supervision, processing of work and related follow up done under general supervision. Use of own discretion to address unforeseen situations seeking advice from and/or reporting to supervisor as applicable.
Critical Success Factors: Strong interpersonal skills; courtesy, tact and ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural background. Ability to interpret and analyze a wide variety of programme issues and statistical information, and to maintain accurate and precise records. Ability to communicate in a team with people from different nationalities, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, ability to work in a team environment and achieve common goals, ability to work systematically, use initiative, good judgement, and to communicate complex matters both orally and in writing; proven ability to work in a team environment and achieve common goals.
Education: University degree and/or equivalent experience with emphasis on the following disciplines: Social Sciences, Nutrition, International Relations or other related field.
Experience: At least four years of progressively responsible job related experience in the field of monitoring, development programme operations, emergency operations, refugee operations or other related field..
Language: Fluency in written and spoken English and Bangla essential. Preference will be given to candidates who possess sound knowledge of Chittagong dialect and/or Rohingya language.
Knowledge: Excellent in utilising computers; MS Office such as Access, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Working knowledge in spreadsheet and other software packages.
Submission of application: Only candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send their application quoting this vacancy announcement and Post Title along with one copy passport size photograph, Curriculum Vitae (with contact telephone number and name & addresses of three references) and Summary of Candidate's Profile as per prescribed format attached with the TOR to: Human Resources Officer, WFP, UN Offices, IDB Bhaban, Sher-e-Bangla Nagar, Agargaon, Dhaka, Bangladesh or e-mail to: Bangladesh_Vacancy_Announcement@wfp.org mentioning the position applied on the subject line by 16 April 2012. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Click here to download: the Summary of Candidate's Profile
WFP is an equal opportunity employer and encourages female candidates to apply