Name of Position: Finance Officer
No. of Vacancies: 1 position
Place of Positing: BGS Head Office at Dhaka but need frequent visit of project offices at different parts of Bangladesh.
Education: B.Com (Honors) M. Com in Accounting /Similar degree in the relevance field.
Experience: Minimum 3 years working experience in financial management of any national or international NGO. Should have proven skills on compliance management i.e VAT, TAX etc., computer software skills on MS-Word, Excel, Internet browsing. Good administrative and leadership skills, ability to work in a team, participatory planning, good interpersonal skills, organizing and problem solving abilities.
The Finance Officer (FO) is overall responsible for maintenance of cash and ledger books, preparation of expenditure statemets, financial reports, bank ledger/statement. S/he is responsible to resolve all financial issues following BGS financial guidelines. S/he should ensure that the expenditures are being made as per financial policies and procedures. The incumbent is expected to be an efficient Finance Officer-possessing skill in problem identification, problem solving and decision-making. FO is required to do below mentioned activities to proper implementation of various programs.
- Preparation of program budget guidelines in consultation with the line manager and Executive Director of the organization.
- Ensure payment of salary to the staff
- Ensure payment to suppliers on time
- Tracking of fund status for proper reporting and ensuring timely fund requests
- Overall responsibility on resource allocation and Budget execution.
- Certify & review monthly/quarterly expenditure reports
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of the financial reports.
- Ensure update the books of accounts on a regular basis.
- Ensure compliance with Income Tax Act of the Government of Bangladesh
- Ensure compliance with VAT Act of the government of Bangladesh
Salary and benefits: During probation period of 6 months s/he will get Tk. 18,500 per month. Based on successful completion of the probationary period s/he will be included in the BGS salary scale of Grade IV, i. e. Tk. 12000/-700x15-22500 with house rent and medical allowances and other fringe benefits such as festival bonus, provident fund and gratuity etc.
Equal opportunities: BGS values diversity in the workplace and is committed to equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of gender, race, family or marital status, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, class, caste or religion.
Application Deadline: April 20, 2012
Company Information: Bangla - German Sampreeti (BGS) a national level development organization. For more information, please visit www.bgsbd.org
If you feel that your qualification and experience matches with our requirements, and you would like to contribute to BGS values and vision, please forward an application along with a copy of your CV and recent photographs to: Executive Director, 1/17 (1st floor), Block-B, Humayun Road, Mohammadpur, Dhaka-1207 Or E-mail to: email@example.com
Any canvassing will result in disqualification.