Deadline : 13 December 2011
Salary for this position: Taka 73,639/- per month with other regular benefits (negotiable for highly competent candidates)
Concern Worldwide is an international humanitarian organisation dedicated to elimination of extreme poverty. We are initiating a new project titled Sundarbans Development & Alternative Resources Integration (SUNDARI) with the objective to contribute to maintaining and/or improving Sundarbans biodiversity in the coastal area of Bangladesh covering 7 upazilas of Khulna and Satkhira for the duration up to March 2015. For this new project currently we have opening for the following position:
The Project Coordinator is responsible for leading and ongoing development of the SUNDARI project, delivering project activities which impact on the lives of the poorest and vulnerable and results in lasting positive change.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- To ensure that the project strategy is delivered with maximum efficiency and professionalism that would bring a positive change to the lives of the beneficiaries, through providing strategic guidance and support to the partners.
- To ensure that project financial management is with high standard for the project and resources utilised effectively to implement high quality project for bringing positive change in the life of beneficiaries.
- As a member of the team, work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure advocacy, equality, communication, M&E and excellence within Concern's work.
- Contribute to the process of implementing quality programmes by ensure that the HAP standard of accountability is conceptualized and effectively implemented throughout the organization, and at the country programme level.
- To lead SUNDARI Project team and develop their capacity to deliver high quality support that would be a force to tackle poverty.
- Masters Degree in Environmental Science or Social Science or related discipline and has worked for a minimum of 7 years in a national and/or an international organisation in the area of livelihoods and/or natural resource management. Familiarity with relevant policies will be an added advantage.
- At least 6 years progressively responsible professional work experience in participatory programme planning, management, monitoring, and evaluation, within a development organisation/NGO.
- Experience of managing financial resources, budgets and human resources.
- Technical Knowledge and experience in livelihoods/natural resource management, DRR/climate change and/or biodiversity conservation.
- Experience of developing Self-Help Group (SHG) and Community Based Organisations(CBOs) and linking them with formal financial institutions/Banks are essential
- Experience in managing and working with partner NGOs.
- Representing an organisation at high level forums/networks in a professional and sensitive manner.
How to apply:
If you feel that your qualification and experience matches with our requirements, and you share a commitment to Concern's values and vision, please forward an application letter and a CV to: Concern Worldwide, Human Resources Department, House # 15 SW (D), Road # 07, Gulshan-1, Dhaka-1212 or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal opportunities: Concern values diversity in the workplace and is a committed equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of gender, race, family or marital status, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, class, caste or religion.
Concern has a Code of Conduct and a Programme Participant Protection Policy to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from abuse and exploitation.
Please mark the position applied for on the envelope or in the email subject line. Any canvassing will result in disqualification.
Please quote jobsinbd.blogspot.com as the source of the job advert