Position: R&D / QA
Deadline: 5 September 2010
Responsible to lead specific projects under the development and commercialization of new products and processes against the India BMU Region's Innovation projects under various brands – KFC, PH. To ensure Safe consistent quality (Local & imported) products, systems and services within Yum guidelines. The objective is to ensure our restaurants have the competitive edge in quality, food safety with profitable operations.
Principal Roles & Responsibilities
New Product Development
- Lead &support innovation program and Liaise with marketing department regarding Marketing calendar content /timing.
- Technical aspects of Consumer Research
- NPD /associated process development
- Packaging Development / Evaluation/approval and specification controls.
- New equipment testing support on Equipment Initiatives
Supplier Quality & Food Safety
- Commercialization of new products from kitchen to production line and improvement to current products, leveraging suppliers capabilities.
- Supplier and DC audits and follow-up.
- Monitor Supply Quality by conducting regular Cutting sessions.
- Collate data for supplier quality report & KPI – for analysis, remedial action
- Share with Suppliers Raw materials, new technologies (Equipment Processes) to improve Product / Ingredient Quality, Consistency and efficiency.
- Continuously work on reducing ingredient and product costs without compromising on product quality.
- Test, validate and approve alternate ingredient brands to support cost reduction initiatives
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Graduate/Diploma in a Food Science & Technology or related scientific field with 3 – 5 years experience
- Ability to provide thought leadership on tactical aspects of projects
- Outstanding team working and communication skills
- Ability to analyze and communicate implications of experimental results
How to apply:
If you think you are ready to be a part of our TEAM serving international standard Restaurants, please send your resume with cover letter, specifying position applied for and one copy color photograph before 05th September, 2010 to:
Transcom Foods Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.