Position: Senior Advisor - Forest Rehabilitation
Deadline: 4 September 2010
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Technische Zusammenarbeit (GTZ) GmbH is an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. Jointly with the Forest Department (FD) under the Ministry of Environment and Forest (MoEF) GTZ is implementing a new project entitled “Resource Conservation Through Community Reforestation and Forest Management” addressing forest degradation and loss of biodiversity in and around the Chunati Wildlife Sanctuary through a community based natural resources management approach. The project is closely cooperating with the USAID funded IPAC (Integrated Protected Area Co-management) project and other co-management organizations including community patrolling groups (CPGs) and their federations.
GTZ invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of a “Senior Advisor - Forest Rehabilitation” with the duty station in Chittagong District with frequent travel to Dhaka
The incumbent shall be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Closely cooperate with GTZ principal advisor, MoEF & FD authorities, departments like UNOs, DCs, local governments including Union Councils and Upzila Councils and IPAC project staff
- Support planning, development and integration of project components into the overall Chunati project activities
- Coordinate closely and guide GTZ project team members (to be identified), NGO, partner NGOs, community members (gender oriented and child focused), business sector, other technical consultants as well as local government stakeholder.
- Collect, update and process information related to impact monitoring of biodiversity and forestry related impact indicators
- Periodically document and present the results in team meetings, and events
- Assist in the planning, coordination, reporting and documentation of meetings, workshops, seminars and other activities of the project, focusing on the technical aspects. Prepare lessons learnt.
- Support public relations activities for the project
- Undertake frequent travel with project areas and to Dhaka
B. Required Entry Qualifications and Competencies:
Formal Education & Experience
- Minimum Masters Degree in a relevant sector, e.g. Forestry/Natural Resource Management/Ecology/ Botany
- At least 8 years of proven track record in the relevant field (preferable in forest ecosystem related sectors)
- Good working knowledge with the Bangladesh local governance structures
- Extensive familiarity with procedures for implementing donor programs
- Extensive familiarity with policy issues of bilateral and multilateral assistance
- Proven ability to maintain close relations with the government, NGOs and development partners to foster a learning environment through the project implementation process
- Excellent command of modern telecommunication systems and MS Office, as well as Database Programs, e.g. Access or SPSS
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in both English and Bangla
- Strong report writing skills to clearly articulate the issues of interest to the decision makers
- She/he must be a strong team player, demonstrate initiative, posses self-organization skill and have a results-oriented approach
- Previous work experience with GTZ and / or German language skills are considered an asset
How to apply:
We accept electronic applications only. Please send your complete and current CV along with a recent passport size photograph on or before 04 September 2010, to GTZ. If you have an email client installed, just click Email, otherwise please send your application via email tomailto:%email@example.com with the subject line “Senior Advisor - Forest Rehabilitation”. No phone calls please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Women and impaired persons are especially encouraged to apply and they will be