Deutsche Gesellschaft für Technische Zusammenarbeit (GTZ) GmbH is a government-owned international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. On behalf of the German Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), GTZ-Bangladesh provides technical cooperation to the Second Urban Governance and Infrastructure Improvement (Sector) Project, UGIIP-2, of the Government of Peoples Republic of Bangladesh. GTZ works in partnership with Local Government Engineering Department (LGED) of Ministry of Local Government, Rural Development and Cooperatives (MLGRDC). GTZ technical cooperation focuses on the improvement of urban management and promotes socially inclusive cities through participatory and comprehensive urban planning in Pourashavas. It also aims at contributing to the national policy dialogue on good urban governance.
GTZ invites application from highly qualified and experienced candidates for the position of “Adviser on Training and Curricula Development” . The duty station is in Dhaka.
A. Core Tasks:
The incumbent shall be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Extensively review and update existing training materials and ensure proper documentation.
- Design and implementation of training measures as per the requirement of the project components together with a team of national experts, national counterparts and other key stakeholders.
- Maintain close coordination and liaison with other experts and training institutes and steer of contents concerning training and Curricula Development.
- Coordinate contributions from facilitators as per project requirement and provide necessary guidance and support.
- Maintenance of an overall good flow of communication and information between all involved institutions, mainly counter partner and GTZ
- Any other responsibilities assigned to him/her by the Principal Adviser
B. Required Entry Qualifications and Competencies:
Formal Education and Experiences:
- A university degree in relevant socio-economic/adult learning field and a Master Degree in Community development, livelihood development, development studies, development economics, mass communication, economics, urban sociology, anthropology or any relevant subject from a reputed university preferably from a foreign university.
- At least 5 years of professional working and training experience in areas related to urban planning, community development, urban poverty reduction etc. with international development organizations or with reputed national/international Training institutes/NGOs.
- At least one year of professional experience in an advisory/expert/ manager/trainer role with a reputed national/international organization/institution.
- Preference will be given to those who have extensive experience as Senior Trainer and in managing Training of Trainers (ToT) programmes with reputed national development organizations/training institutes.
- Excellent knowledge of state-of-the art of national and international tools and methodologies on adult learning/training and should be an experienced trainer.
- In-depth knowledge on developing and publishing training materials/curricula is essential
- Excellent command of MS-Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Excellent language skill both in English and Bangla in oral and written form to express complex conditions in a comprehensive and easy understandable way.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Highly experienced in organizing and drawing up concepts for events, training courses and fact-finding missions related to community, gender and participation
- Independent, highly motivated staff member who is willing to learn, and is open and flexible in an international work context.
Detailed TOR can also be obtained by requesting through e-mail to email@example.com putting “Request for Detailed TOR for the Position of position name” in the subject line.
We only accept electronic applications. Please send your resume (no more than 05 pages) with two references along with one passport size photograph (scanned), a cover letter describing relevant/specific experience and suitability for the position (no more than 02 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application for the Position of ‘Name of the Position”. All Applications must be received no later than January 25, 2009. Short listed candidates will be contacted within two weeks of deadline for applications for interviews. No phone calls please. All applications will be treated according to the merit and with strict confidentiality.