JOIN US AS Associate Market Representative
Target Sourcing Services/AMC is responsible for working with vendors around the globe to deliver high-quality, trend-right merchandise to our stores at great value.
About This Opportunity
As a Market Representative for Soft lines (Apparel – Woven / Knits / Sweaters) you will be responsible for Business Development, Sourcing, Placement, and Production Follow up with Vendors & Other Functional Teams within the Organization.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES: You will
- Have strong technical knowledge of apparel products, including knowledge of fabric/color/trims, etc.
- Have knowledge of costing products
- Facilitate and participate in preproduction meetings, follow resolution plans, and ensure execution of responsibilities in the pre-production process to best manage production
- Monitor and ensure vendors are executing sampling and order management processes by communicating and liaising with appropriate overseas counterparts
- Communicate effectively and keep all relevant parties abreast of potential issues/delays, and recommend solutions to problems
- Maintain close contact with Headquarter counterparts and other functional teams within the organization to ensure implementation of their strategies, goals and objectives.
- University/college degree or equivalent (technical or industry related preferred)
- 2-3 years’ of sourcing experience; proficient written and verbal English language skills, and proficient with Microsoft applications.
- Moderate level of knowledge of local market and industry
- Technical knowledge of process and expertise of specific product categories sourced. Able to cost specific product categories and basic negotiating skills.
- Basic external network within business partners being managed, to gather required competitor and market information
- Strong problem solving, planning and organizational skills
- Good analytical thinking skills to interpret reports/data
- Able to drive meetings effectively and good presentation skills
- Team player: Assertive, with initiative & committed to continuous learning.
Eligible team members will receive competitive pay, insurance coverage, and training and development. Target is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is a drug-free workplace.
Expect the Best. At Target, we have a vision: to become the best – the best culture and brand, the best place for growth and the company with the best reputation. We offer an inclusive, collaborative and energetic work environment that rewards those who perform. We deliver engaging, innovative and on-trend experiences for our team members and our guests. We invest in our team members’ futures by developing leaders and providing a breadth of opportunities for professional development. It takes the best to become the best, and we are committed to building a team that does the right thing for our guests, shareholders, team members and communities.
Minneapolis-based Target Corporation serves guests at stores nationwide and at Target.com. Target is committed to providing a fun and convenient shopping experience with access to unique and highly differentiated products at affordable prices. Since 1946, the corporation has given 5 percent of its income through community grants and programs like Take Charge of Education®.
Email your CV with your latest picture, latest by 9th March 2012 to
NAME: Sadat Karim, Associate Representative, Administration
Note: We will be able to contact only shortlisted candidates