Technical Specialist-Engineering (post-1):
The Technical Specialist-Engineering is responsible for ensuring the technical quality of all construction work and mainstreaming DRR activities within the programme and thereby contributing to the improvement of vulnerability of the targeted beneficiaries.
Major areas of responsibility:
- Ensuring that all constructions work and DRR activities contribute to establish sustainable systems for improving the lives of poor people in response or in other programmes;
- Ensuring that best practices are applied within and outside of the organization;
- To ensure that construction activities receive high level technical inputs from members, from RRRU team and from global best practices;
- To ensure that programme M&E and advocacy have functional linkage with DRR construction activities;
- As a member of the RRRU, to work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure excellence within Concerns work is captured, promoted and disseminated;
- Contribute to the process of implementing quality programmes by ensuring that the HAP standard of accountability is conceptualized and effectively implemented throughout the organization, and at the country programme level.
- BSC Engineer-Civil but highly experienced Diploma Civil Engineers can also apply
- At least 3 years progressively responsible work experience in the area of rural low cost construction techniques and methodologies
- Experience of project development, quality assurance and monitoring
- Partnership management experience with local and INGO partners
- Sound knowledge in the latest development in DRR construction techniques and guidelines
Starting Salary for this position: Taka 50,790/- per month with other regular benefits (negotiable)
If you feel that your qualification and experience matches with our requirements, and you share a commitment to Concern’s values and vision, please forward an application letter and a CV to: Human Resources Department, Concern Worldwide, House # 15 SW (D), Road # 07, Gulshan-1, Dhaka-1212.
Equal opportunities: Concern values diversity in the workplace and is a committed equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of gender, race, family or marital status, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, class, caste or religion.
Concern has a Code of Conduct and a Programme Participant Protection Policy to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from abuse and exploitation.
Please mark the position applied for on the envelope or in the email subject line. Any canvassing will result in disqualification.
Closing date for applications: March 05, 2012.