Finance and Grants Officer
ACDI/VOCA and its collaborating partners, including Project Concern International (PCI), will work to reduce food insecurity in three upazilas in the Khulna division. PROSHAR will apply a long-term approach by leveraging opportunities in a number of value chains based on market analysis, strengthening health systems and empowering communities to prepare and respond to disasters. Additionally, by working with its collaborating partners and in a concentrated environment PROSHAR will achieve broad impact and demonstrate methodologies that can be scaled-up and replicated elsewhere in the country.
The Dhaka-based Finance and Grants Officer will provide documentation review and processing services for both the Finance and Grants Department of PROSHAR. S/he will be responsible for the review of all of PROSHAR’s three sub-grantees documentation prior to payment, ensuring that documentation meets established standards and that costs reported are in conformity with the terms of the agreements. Additionally, this position will also provide support to PROSHAR’s Accounting Department, reviewing and preparing vouchers, as assigned by his/her supervisor, in support of the day-to-day functioning of the PROSHAR offices in Dhaka and Khulna.
- Assist the Finance and Grants Director to review and process sub-grantee payment requests, including a detailed review of supporting vouchers submitted by the sub-grantees on a monthly basis.
- Follow-up, as needed, with sub-grantees on questioned or disallowed costs.
- Under the direction of the Finance Manager and Finance Officer, process bills and invoices received by the Dhaka office.
- Preparation of Disbursement, Journal and Receipt vouchers, as appropriate and obtained voucher approval from management.
- Prior to payment, review PROSHAR bills, invoice, vouchers to ensure appropriate internal controls are enforced by ACDI/VOCA staff, as well as USAID rules and regulations
- Assist to create training tools and develop modules to help build capacity for sub-awardees, using input from ACDI/VOCA policies and procedures.
- Assist to identify issues and risks related to sub-award/sub-contracts and program implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate program adjustments.
- Prepare sub-grantee correspondence in the English language.
- Assist in the preparation of cash forecast for all small grants in coordination with programmatic staff.
- Monitor grant expenditures for assigned activities, alert management to irregularities, recommend re-negotiation as needed.
- Draft grant agreement documentation, such as modifications, mandatory certifications and other documents required under the sub-awards, following a prescribed ACDI/VOCA format.
- Assist by providing organizational and logistical support for PNGO training activities, as required.
- Participate in sub-grantee site visits in Khulna Division, if required.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum of two to five years of experience in a USAID funded project environment is required. An additional four years of directly relevant job experience may substitute the academic degree requirement.
- Minimum of two years of professional experience with USAID grants and/or project accounting.
- Demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint a requirement. Knowledge of QuickBooks accounting software is preferred.
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data, identify trends and use information to create/improve processes.
- Demonstrated high level of energy and initiative.
- Effective written and verbal communications skills in the English language required.
Candidates meeting the above qualifications should send their CV, along with a cover letter indicating the position applying for, by March 15th, 2012 to firstname.lastname@example.org Only finalists will be contacted for interviews. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.