ACDI/VOCA and its collaborating partners, including Project Concern International (PCI), will work to reduce food insecurity in three upazilas in the Khulna division. PROSHAR will apply a long-term approach by leveraging opportunities in a number of value chains based on market analysis, strengthening health systems and empowering communities to prepare and respond to disasters. Additionally, by working with its collaborating partners and in a concentrated environment PROSHAR will achieve broad impact and demonstrate methodologies that can be scaled-up and replicated elsewhere in the country. To inform program decisions and determine results, the establishment of a robust M&E component is an integral part of PROSHAR.
Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
The Khulna based Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist will provide for both the quantitative and qualitative aspects of monitoring and evaluating for the ACDI/VOCA PROSHAR Program working with staff and collaborating partners.
- Provide day-to-day M&E organizing and coordination in the Khulna field office.
- Assist in developing an effective monitoring and evaluation system.
- Work closely with the PROSHAR M&E Director and Gender Specialist in the management of the Khulna level M&E information systems for PROSHAR to ensure that information is adequately collected and reported.
- Responsible for coordination, collection and compilation of field based data on a regular basis (monthly/quarterly or as decided by the management).
- Assist and guide partner NGOs in collection and compilation of reports.
- Assist in midterm and final evaluations
- Supervise and provide guidance to the field level monitoring staff and partner NGO M&E staff to ensure that the monitoring is on the right track
- Conduct data quality reviews and ensure that collection of relevant data is accurately and effectively performed. Play active role in maintaining data accuracy and completeness.
- Visit project offices and fields to monitor the field level activities.
- Maintain liaison with primary stakeholders and other staff to ensure a two-way flow of information on implementation.
- Facilitate communication between those carrying out field implementation and management at target upazila and Khulna region.
- Work with other PROSHAR partners to ensure proper reporting and data quality and will work closely with the PROSHAR M&E staff to coordinate collection and reporting procedures.
- Maintain effective collaboration and coordination with the national, divisional, district and Upazila level relevant department of GoB, NGOs and other partners.
- Collaborate with leaders of other Title II program assessments, analyses and evaluations.
- Use results of gender analysis, and other program assessments to integrate gender in the program design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, organizational structure and operations.
- Prepare and conduct M&E trainings for staff and beneficiaries, collaborating with other trainers to ensure that strategies mentioned in the M&E plan of PROSHAR are appropriately addressed in all trainings.
- Develop a series of questionnaires to assess the quality of MYAP interventions.
- Assist in preparing timely donor required reports consistent with the approved MYAP award requirements.
- Update M&E database and travel regularly to all MYAP program sites, to conduct monitoring and quality assurance.
- Synthesize and analyze M&E quantitative data and provide monthly output reports with narrative on progress to date in achieving results as well as providing explanation for variances and underperformance.
- Work closely with Title II MYAP M&E staff to coordinate information sharing on early warning trigger indicators and nutritional and market price surveillance trends in MYAP operational areas.
- Perform any other duty as requested by the M&E Director or his/her designee.
- Minimum of 5 years of monitoring and evaluation experience in a development or food security related setting is required;
- Experience in conducting focus groups and surveys is preferred;
- Established track record of achieving results within difficult working environments is required;
- Knowledge of office systems, including experience with computer applications (e.g. Access, Word, Excel,
- PowerPoint, MS Outlook, database management, etc.) is required;
- Bachelors degree in a pertinent field (for example: statistics, economics or other related field) is highly desirable;
- Fluency in both English and Bangla languages is required.
The Khulna based short term Database Expert will help the MIS Specialist. S/he will be hired for 8 months especially to compile data, prepare reports and to expand the existing ACCESS based database.
- Review and compile data into the existing ACCESS based database and prepare required reports;
- Ensure data to the concerned colleagues for final review;
- Edit data as requested by the MIS Specialist;
- Expand existing ACCESS based database to capture quality data;
- Transfer data from various sources into the databases;
- Make field visit and/or provide TA over telephone to PNGOs to ensure quality data;
- Perform any other duty as requested by the MIS Specialist or his/her designee.
B. Sc. in Computer Science/ Engineering or related filed from any reputed institute with at least 3 years relevant (Visual Basic 6, MS Access, etc.) working experience.
Candidates meeting the above qualifications should send their CV, along with a cover letter indicating the position applying for, by March 19 th , 2012 to firstname.lastname@example.org . Only finalists will be contacted for interviews. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.