ACF is looking for qualified candidate for the position of:
ASSISTANT TO HEAD OF MISSION – REPORTING & COMMUNICATION
Dhaka (with field visits as and when required)
Number of position
Duration of the contract
12 month (renewable, based on performance)
Ensure support to the Head of Mission on donor/NGOAB reporting, proposal compilation, internal and external reporting and communication. Ensure implementation of ACF’s communication strategy and documentations are properly recorded for future reference. Assist Head of Mission in preparing for interviews and speeches.
- To Follow the reporting contractual deadlines for donors and NGOAB and make sure the team adheres to these deadlines ensuring the coherence of reports (proposal, amendments, reports)
- To Ensure completion of reports with donors guidelines and contracts
- To ensure communication with HQ, the team and with the donors about reports ensuring the written quality of reports (English)
- To check the completion of the proposal with donors guidelines and when necessary, compile the different parts of the proposal
- Compiling the different parts of the Situation report
- Following relevant news and events to be included in the press review.
- Taking the minutes of the coordination meetings and communicate the minutes to the team and HQ
- Translating documents from Bangla to English upon request
- To participate in the communication strategy definition
- To ensure the follow up of the communication plan for Dhaka and base offices
- Identify issues on which ACF can communicate and how to communicate (which media, in which area)
- To coordinate with communication officers and Project Coordinators/Head of Bases in the various bases
- To contribute to the definition, the production and ensure the quality of the communication documents : leaflets, annual report, calendar, website, etc.
- Write stories, take pictures (or manage photographers), organize film shooting if necessary
- To develop and maintain a network of journalists
- To assist HOM for speeches writing, presentations and briefing papers
- To assist HOM to prepare interviews
DEGREE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Masters in Political Science, English, Journalism, communication, International Relations or any relevant field
- Extensive experience (at least 3 years) in relevant field
Diplomacy – Rigour – Firmness – Excellent knowledge of English – Sense of confidentiality –Interpersonal skill-Creativity – Good communication with people – MS Office, Internet
- Monthly Salary : 60,100 BDT
- Other benefits: As per ACF policy
HOW TO APPLY:
Please make sure to submit following document:
- Complete and updated CV + cover letter including professional references
- Recent passport size photograph
- Copy of educational certificates and work certificates
To Human Resources Department, Action Contre la Faim (ACF) Office in Dhaka – Orin Tower (1st Floor), House # 23, Road # 113/A, Gulshan-2, Dhaka # 1212
Closing date for application: 3rd March, 2012 (at 5:00 pm)
- Candidates will be treated strictly on merit and any sorts of verbal or written persuasion will result in disqualification.
- Only complete files will be considered.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by ACF.
- Please be prepared for the technical tests / interviews.