Position Title: Director- Finance and Operations, Health System Delivery Project
This position is for an upcoming position on a project and is dependent on project award
The Director of Finance and Operations performs at a leadership level responsible for direction of the project’s Finance and Operations units, including the functions of finance and accounting, grant management and compliance, procurement and general administration for this four-year project aiming to secure technical services for the implementation of activities under the new NGO health service delivery activity. The purpose of this project is to support the delivery of an essential service package through a network of non-governmental organization clinics that primarily targets the poor and underserved. The Director of Finance and Operations will be responsible for the development, management, implementation and evaluation of appropriate Finance and Operations systems, locally-tailored policies, services, staff and budgets to meet requirements and ensure that implementing partners adhere to financial, legal, auditing, and contractual compliance policies and procedures, rules and regulations, and high standards of transparency and accountability of this project to USAID Bangladesh.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, manage, implement and evaluate the appropriate Finance and Operations systems, locally-tailored policies, services, staff and budgets to meet requirements.
- Ensure that implementing partners adhere to financial, legal, auditing, and contractual compliance policies and procedures, rules and regulations, and high standards of transparency and accountability.
- Responsible for quality operational support to the project and overall program according to FHI 360 standards, in respect of donor rules and regulations, and in accordance with the Government of Bangladesh laws and other regulations pertaining to INGOs.
- Liaises as appropriates and maintains regular communications with government; USAID Offices of Finance, Contracts, and Health; and other funding agencies to ensure country office is up-to-date on their policies affecting the project.
- Ensure appropriate level of confidentiality and integrity of sensitive information.
- Monitors all operations and project expenditures on an on-going basis.
- Responsible for the maintenance of adequate financial resources in country to support monthly program operations and subproject reimbursements.
- Oversees the procurement and the maintenance of office equipment and vehicles as well as the regular monitoring of subproject procured equipment and vehicles.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Chief of Party.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in financial and grants management, with a minimum of 5 years direct international work experience in developing countries with senior-level responsibility for administration and finance highly desired.
- Proven expertise in finance, accounting and auditing, including automated financial systems, as well as results-oriented grants management, including financial planning, monitoring of grant compliance and management and the establishment of internal controls demonstrated strong management, coordination, teamwork, and planning skills, with proven ability to function effectively with multiple host-country counterparts in both the public and NGO sectors.
MINIMUM RECRUITMENT STANDARDS:
- A minimum of Masters-level degree in public administration, financing, economics, accounting, or a related field.
- Strong verbal and written English communications skills; Bangla and knowledge of the region is an asset.
Application Deadline: March 05, 2012
Interested candidates meeting the above mentioned criteria, are encouraged to apply along with detailed CV, a recent photograph, and a cover letter preferably by e-mailing to email@example.com alternatively by posting to “The HR and Communication Officer, FHI 360, Bangladesh Country Office, House 5, Road 35, Gulshan 2, Dhaka – 1212
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity organization. Women and HIV positive people are especially encouraged to apply