Finance Officer- Sub Grant (1 post): Based in Keshobpur, Jessore
The Finance Officer-Sub Grant is responsible for ensuring efficient and effective financial support to the projects and programmes, ensuring adequate funds, timely and professional payment to staff and suppliers and accurate and transparent financial records following all organizational policies and legal requirements.
Major areas of responsibility:
- Ensuring that there are clear, relevant and up to date financial policies for dealing with partners’ financial issues;
- To ensure financially capable and accountable partner organisations are selected in a transparent way for smooth programme implementation;
- To ensure a good understanding on Concern and donor’ financial policies among partners and build a consensus on financial issues arising during agreement negotiation process;
- To ensure partners are capable to demonstrate good financial management practice and optimal use of available fund in a transparent manner;
- As a member of the Finance team to proactively provide high quality and effective support and resourcing services to staff of the organisation;
- To lead the Partner Financial Support Team, in a manner that empowers them to deliver high quality financial support to the partner’s organisation;
- Contribute to the process of implementing quality programmes by ensure that the HAP standard of accountability is conceptualized and effectively implemented throughout the organization, and at the country programme level;
- M Com (Accounting), or CA course completed;
- At least 2 years progressively responsible work experience in the area of financial management within a development organisation preferably in an international organisation;
- Knowledge and experience of working with partner and local NGOs financial system;
- Knowledge of current relevant Taxation laws and NGO Bureau rules;
- Proven knowledge of computerised systems and demonstrable experience of working with computerised accounting packages and spreadsheets;
- Self-management including: ability to prioritise own workload and work independently and commitment to meet deadlines;
- Excellent oral and written communication skill;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to work as part of a multi-disciplined, multi-cultural team;
- Maintain confidentiality in all area of work;
Starting Salary for this position: Taka 27,611/= per month with other regular benefits (negotiable)
If you feel that your qualification and experience matches with our requirements, and you share a commitment to Concern’s values and vision, please forward an application letter and a CV to: Concern Worldwide, Human Resources Department, House # 15 SW (D), Road # 07, Gulshan-1, Dhaka-1212.
Equal opportunities: Concern values diversity in the workplace and is a committed equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of gender, race, family or marital status, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, class, caste or religion.
Concern has a Code of Conduct and a Programme Participant Protection Policy to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from abuse and exploitation.
Please mark the position applied for on the envelope or in the email subject line. Any canvassing will result in disqualification.
Closing date for applications: March 05, 2012