FHI 360 is a global development organization with a rigorous, evidence-based approach. Its commitment to partnerships at every level and the multidisciplinary approach enable the organization to have lasting impact on the individuals, communities and countries it serves - improving lives for millions worldwide. FHI 360 is seeking qualified candidates for the following position subject to the condition that FHI 360 is successfully awarded the Health System Delivery Project.
Position Title: Director- Capacity Building/ Health System Strengthening, Health Service Delivery Project
This position is for an upcoming position on a project and is dependent on project award
The Director, Capacity Building/ Health Systems Strengthening will be responsible for building capacity and strengthening the necessary systems to ensure sustainable and efficient delivery of effective health services of a four-year project aiming to secure technical services for the implementation of activities under the new NGO health service delivery activity. The purpose of this project is to support the delivery of an essential service package through a network of non-governmental organization clinics that primarily targets the poor and underserved. The Director, Capacity Building/ Health Systems Strengthening will participate actively in the provision of technical assistance to the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MOHFW), other government agencies and stakeholders at all levels to develop the financial and functional capacity of organizations and to enhance local ownership of service delivery through institutional strengthening.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide technical advice in health systems strengthening and develop the financial and functional capacity of organizations as well as provide support in health financing.
- Strengthening the management information systems for health.
- Provide support and coordination to the MOHFW and other partners to develop innovative technical strategies, tools and systems to strengthen health systems through national-level technical advisors and upazila health system strengthening.
- Ensure capacity building strategies and activities are reflected in project sub-agreements.
- Establish strong relationship and develop ongoing coordination mechanism with independent training institutions, professionals/individuals and government departments responsible for capacity building.
- Collaborate with USAID-supported health system strengthening efforts in implementing best practices, norms and standards in health service delivery.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- A minimum of 7 years direct work experience in developing countries as a senior expert in training and capacity building highly desired. Preference for experience working in the health sector.
- Proven expertise in health systems strengthening, and developing the financial and functional capacity of organizations to improve sustainability and contribute to a vibrant, effective nongovernmental sector. Familiarity with a wide range of capacity building techniques.
- Demonstrated strong management, coordination, teamwork, and planning skills, with proven ability to function effectively with multiple host-country counterparts in both the public and NGO sectors.
MINIMUM RECRUITMENT STANDARDS:
- A minimum of Masters-level degree in economics, management or business administration, public administration or a related field, preferably focused on capacity building.
- Strong verbal and written English communications skills; Bangla and knowledge of the region is an asset.
Application Deadline: March 05, 2012
Interested candidates meeting the above mentioned criteria, are encouraged to apply along with detailed CV, a recent photograph, and a cover letter preferably by e-mailing to email@example.com alternatively by posting to “The HR and Communication Officer, FHI 360, Bangladesh Country Office, House 5, Road 35, Gulshan 2, Dhaka – 1212
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity organization. Women and HIV positive people are especially encouraged to apply