LEVI STRAUSS & CO.
Based in San Francisco, Levi Strauss & Company (Inc) USA was established in 1853 and is currently one of the world’s largest branded apparel manufacturing and marketing company. The company, having sourcing operations in Bangladesh, operates in an open, team based and empowered environment where individual take initiatives to contribute to the company’s business growth. Currently we have the following positions open at our Dhaka, Bangladesh office.
1. FABRIC ENGINEER - one position
Job Purpose & Responsibilities:
- To develop and source fabric in support of brand product requirements according to established processes, maintain source relationships and achieve lead-time, quality and pricing targets.
- Fabric developed, tested on time and meeting appropriate standards.
- Build Mill capabilities, relationship with chemical suppliers, collaborative partnerships are cultivated with fabric suppliers/mills.
- Ensure mills lab dips, handlooms, strike offs, quality swatches, samples, finish trial given to LS & Co. within calendar.
- Innovative and relevant fabrications developed in partnership with local mills.
- Understand market dynamics and motivate mills to meet the expectation.
- Minimum 6-8 years experience in Brand/Retailer sourcing office or Agent sourcing office or Large Mills as Fabric Resource/Developer.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree from a reputable University with a degree or diploma from renowned Textile Institutions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English (both spoken & written).
- Result oriented and self driven with strong focus on deadlines.
2. MERCHANDISER (Bottoms) - one position
Job Purpose & Responsibilities:
- Product development and execution in line with source base capabilities and customer needs;
- Production Management;
- Maintain dynamic source base to optimize sourcing opportunities;
- Product pricing and capacity management;
- Drive execution by managing and interacting with cross functional team members, vendors and customers;
- Effective and timely issue resolution;
- Purchase order, contract generation and maintenance;
- Good product knowledge and sourcing process skill is a requisite;
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in Brand/Retailer sourcing office or Agent sourcing office or Large apparel Manufacturer/Exporter;
- Minimum Bachelor Degree from a reputable university;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English (Spoken & Written);
- Factory orientation will be added advantage;
- Result oriented and self driven with strong focus on deadlines;
- Preference will be given who has the experience to handle both Denim & Non-denim Bottoms;
For Merchandiser Position - Those who applied earlier, need not apply.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Levi Strauss & Co. offers an attractive and comprehensive package of salary and benefits, together with bright prospects of long-term career growth with the company.
Application must be submitted by 09th March, 2012.
Please send your resume quoting post applied for to Levi Strauss Global Trading Company II, Limited; Shanta Western Tower; Level # 9 (Office Space # 904); 186, Bir Uttam Mir Sawkat Road; Tejgaon I/A; Dhaka # 1208; Bangladesh. OR, Apply Online. Both the positions are for the local nationals only. Only short listed candidates shall be called for interview.