SDC in Bangladesh focuses on the areas of rural market development, skills development, local governance, and rural water supply and sanitation, with a current annual budget of around 30 million USD. Under the supervision of the expatriate Head of Finance and Administration(HFA) the Financial Controller will support programme officers in supervising Swiss funded development interventions, participate in project steering, contribute to the further development of the program portfolios, and engage in monitoring and reporting of results.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Maintenance of project and contract data in the ERP systems
- Review and monitor partner agreements that terms and conditions are in line with the grant proposals
- Examine and process disbursement orders to partners in coordination with programme officers
- Supervise advances to partners and verify project expenses
- Carry out financial risk assessments and field audits for projects and of partners
- Support programme officers in preparing project documents and budget proposals
- Review and analyze budget proposals, operational- and financial reports of partners and projects
- Coach/train program officers and partners in financial management and monitoring their projects
- Assist the HFA in managing financial risks, financial planning and control of the SDC Field Office in Dhaka
Candidates with a post-graduate degree (M.Com, MBA, CA / ACCA / PE 2+) from a reputed Bangladeshi or foreign academic institution with min. 5 years relevant professional experience with strong background in financial management and project controlling are invited to apply. Female candidates are particularly encouraged to submit their applications.
In addition to a proven commitment or strong interest in international and national development, successful candidates have excellent IT skills (ERP systems, Excel, Word etc.), strong analytical skills and social competencies as well as excellent English speaking and writing skills.
SDC offers a competitive package of salary and benefits and a stimulating working environment.
How to apply
Candidates who fulfill these requirements are invited to download and complete the Application Information Form (www.sdc.org.bd) and send it, along with a letter of motivation, to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
The closure date for applications is 25 March 2012. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an assessment. Candidates who have previously submitted their application do not need to reapply.