icddr,b invites applications from suitable female candidates for the position of Medical Officer for Chemoprevention of arsenic induced skin cancer study under the Centre for Control of Chronic Diseases. The appointment will be made on a Fixed Term basis for one year, which is renewable depending on performance and availability of funds.
Position: Medical Officer
Location – Shahrasti, Chandpur
Salary: Annual Tk.813,200/- inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances with other admissible benefits.
Deadline: 17 March 2012
Benefits/facilities: 14.8% retirement fund contribution by icddr,b, children allowance @Tk.1,420/- per child per month, medical facilities for dependent spouse and children, free group life insurances.
- Clinical examination of study participants at household level and fill up of study related questionnaires
- Collection of biological samples from study participants
- Immediate recording and reporting of any health related events and household level visit either to provide any clinical service or to collect any required information
- Conduct verbal autopsy of death participants in field level;
- Provide primary health-care to study participants and their children;
- Supportive supervision and monitoring of the activity of Senior Field Assistant and Village Health workers.
- MBBS degree recognized by the Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council with completion of one year internship training;
- Three years work experience in Clinical/Public Health related field. Experience may be relaxed for highly qualified candidate;
- Good clinical knowledge and clinical report writing ability is required;
- Ability to report instantly, when necessary;
- Candidates must have good communication skills;
- Computer literacy will be an added advantage;
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English and Bangla are essential.
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: www.icddrb.org by March 17, 2012. Internal candidates must mention their Identification Numbers in the applications. Candidates who applied before need not apply.
icddr,b is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from women candidates. Any persuasion will disqualify the candidature. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for the interview. All the tests and interviews will be held in Dhaka.