Location of posting : Ghoraghat, Dinajpur
Contract Type : Fixed Term Contract Up to December 31, 2013
The programme Officer will be responsible for overall implementation of the project activities in Local Rights Programme (LRP) – 45 area at Ghoraghat and Gobindagonj Upazila, Dinajpur. S/he will act as the key person to guide the field team. S/he will responsible for planning, budgeting, implementing, and monitoring of the project including management of financial and human resources. S/he will provide regular accompaniment supports to the project staff members in implementation of different events and innovations. S/he will keep close contact with key contract person of ActionAid Bangladesh . S/he will represent the project as well as AAB to different levels of stakeholders/organizations.
S/he is also responsible for coordination, communication and time submission of sponsorship report, activity progress reports, budget to ActionAid Bangladesh Head Office in scheduled time. Be familiar with the ActionAid financial, inventory, administrative and Human Resource reporting system and formats are essential. Assist Internal and External Audit recommendation especially the financial issues for the project and third party as and when required. S/he is also responsible to assist the Focal Person of the Project as well as others priority focal and Finance Manager to face the Internal/External Audit as & when required.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to
Job Responsibilities 01: Ensure the proper planning, implementation and monitoring of the project activities
- Prepare effective monthly, quarterly and annual plan of operation.
- Provide orientation & guidance of the staff members for better implementation of project activities at the field level.
- Supervise the staffs of regular basis for smooth operation of the project.
- Generate new and innovative ideas for effective implementation of project activities.
- Support staffs to take initiatives for capacity building related to forum development.
- Keep a rescored of all sponsored children in a file system and answer to queries and complaints from sponsors about theirs sponsored child.
- Inform the sponsorship manager as soon as possible when an unpredicted event happens in the community and puts in danger the lives of the people and especially if it involves an accident, serious illness or death of sponsored children
Job Responsibilities 02: Coaching, mentoring, guiding and accompanying to the respective team member of the project and KKM executive committee
- Facilitate the team members to internalize different conceptual and methodological documents as well as process.
- Provide accompaniment support to make the team members more confident in order to facilitate different events at community level.
- Conduct need assessment of team members and take initiatives to improve the capacity of staff members.
- Assist staffs of the project to develop effective and coordinated work plan and maintain smooth coordination and team spirit within the team
- Organize training and seminar for staff in relation to project interventions exposure
- Ensure regular sharing among the team members about achievements, experiences and learning.
- Support to Excom for achievement of planed work of the KKM
Job Responsibilities 03: Ensure sound monitoring, evaluation and reporting of the project
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, six-monthly and annual report stating major findings and observations and submit to the respective authority.
- Synthesize Participatory monitoring and evaluation report with the help of staff in consultation with the monitoring unit of ActionAid Bangladesh .
- Develop a monitoring system to warrantee that the sponsorship scheme does not have interference with other sponsorship organizations in the area
- Develop systems to monitor the quality of Child messages and photographs
- Monitor the field activities and provide feedback and guidance to the staffs for better performance
- Support the team members to facilitate the self- monitoring process at community level like joint review, grading, socio-economic observatory etc.
- Facilitate in implementation of different monitoring tools.
- Review the progress of implementation through organizing staff coordination meeting.
Job Responsibilities 04: Establish effective linkage and coordination with different stakeholders
- Sharing the project activities and strategies with upazilla and district level administration, line agencies and stakeholders.
- Keep periodic communication with Sponsorship Manager / responsible person of ActionAid Bangladesh Country Office.
- Maintain liaison with different governmental officials and NGO officials to ensure service provision for target population as well as with others.
- Maintain effective information flow among the staffs as well as with ActionAid Bangladesh .
- Facilitates visits of external team to the project
Job Responsibilities 05: Administrative and financial management
- TasksTake initiative Participatory Review and Reflection Process and Participatory Plans and Budget according to activity plan and keep all the expenses within the approved budget limit.
- Check and approve bills & vouchers of project expenditure on proper way.
- Ensure the policy of financial guideline for procurement of materials and equipment needed for project implementation.
- Provide oversight for the maintenance and proper use of all kinds of project materials and resources.
- Support Finance & Administrative staff members to ensure and maintain different registers like attendance register, movements register, log book, motor cycle checking register, fixed asset & stock register, staff meeting etc.
- Support to external & internal audit teams on financial activities
- Conduct the performance appraisal process of the staffs
- Perform any other responsibilities assigned by ActionAid Bangladesh
Required qualifications and competencies
Post graduate in Agriculture, Social Science, Forestry or any related discipline.
- At least 4-5 years of relevant working experience, especially in following areas
- Livelihoods development activities
- Facilitating of grassroots levels planning process
- Agriculture marketing and IGA aspects
Technical / behavioral Skills
- Willingness to work for poor people in remote areas with extensive field visit
- Knowledge and skills of analytical report preparation and staff development
- Skill of resource management
- Networking and liaison with local counterparts
- Understanding and experience on budget preparation and budget management
- People management.
- Good command in Bangla and English.
- Application Software: Microsoft Office Package.
Only those who meet the above requirements are requested to apply. Please follow the apply instructions below:
Last date of application is Saturday March 17, 2012 on or before 5:00 PM
Please click this link to find a prescribed Job Application Form and send filled in form to email@example.com
Mention the name of the position applied for in subject of the e-mail
Attach a cover letter justifying your suitability (address Head, Human Resource & Organisation Development)
[ActionAid aims to attract and select a diverse workforce with the skills and capabilities to fulfill the requirements. Any personal persuasion/phone calls will result in disqualification of the candidature.]