The Asia Foundation’s Bangladesh office seeks qualified applicants for the position of Program Officer for providing program and administrative support in preparation for a high-profile South Asia Regional Women Parliamentarian’s Conference under Promoting Democratic Institutions and Practices (PRODIP) project in Bangladesh. It will be a short term contract for five months.
The Program Officer will assist the Conference Coordinator and other program staff through providing support for logistical and other arrangements for the Regional Women Parliamentarian’s Conference to be held July 8-11, 2012. S/he will draft, edit, and proofread documents and correspondence; support logistical arrangements for the conference; perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of bachelor's degree or equivalent; master’s degree preferred.
- At least two years office experience providing program and administrative support and knowledge of office procedures and equipment.
- Fluency in Bangla and English.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and oral communication skills (in both languages);
- Strong editing, writing, and proofreading skills (in both languages)
- Experience organizing and managing events and event follow-up, including interacting with vendors, and managing billing matters with careful attention to detail;
- Strong computer skills: knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software, and social media platforms;
- Takes initiative and is able to work as part of a team, as well as independently with minimal supervision;
- Able to prioritize responsibilities and shift focus as necessary to provide immediate assistance to team members;
- Interest in women’s empowerment and/or governance issues.
The Asia Foundation is committed to a policy of providing equal opportunities in recruiting and selecting employees. The Foundation offers excellent salary commensurate with experience.
How to apply:
Applicants are requested to send their CV with a brief cover letter to:
(specifying the position in the subject line) by March 19th, 2012.
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements will not be considered. No telephone enquiries please.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.