ACID SURVIVORS FOUNDATION (ASF) is a centre of excellence with a vision of Bangladesh free from acid violence, where burn victims, especially women and children, live with dignity.
It is an independent, non-government, non-profit organization, set up as a Trust and registered with the NGO Affairs Bureau of the Government of Bangladesh. It is the only specialized NGO in Bangladesh working to prevent acid and burn violence; empower survivors, especially women and children; and campaign for prevention and elimination of this violence. ASF works with an integrated approach, using a holistic (bio-psycho-social) multi-stakeholder approach backed by research, experience and evidence.
ASF is looking for a qualified candidate for the following position:
Head of Programs
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is the Senior Level position reporting directly to the Executive Director. As a member of the Senior Management Committee, h/she will contribute in achieving organizational goals and objectives.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Ensuring effective and efficient management including planning, budgeting, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the medical, legal, rehabilitation and prevention programs of the Foundation.
- Leading the program team of ASF’s 20-bed licensed Hospital to make it as a Centre of Excellence for its BIO-PSYCHO-SOCIAL MODEL.
- Development and implementation of survivors’ network across the country to make a platform for a collective voice of the survivors to demand justice, protect rights, and act as an agent for prevention and integration into family and the society.
- Commissioning research to develop evidence based practice throughout the organization
- Maintaining the professional relationship with senior level Government Officials, NGOs and Donors in relation to scale up the impact of ASF activities through networking and partnership development.
- The candidate will also contribute in organizational development and resource mobilization for its long term sustainability and act as Acting Executive Director in absence of the ED.
- Educational Requirements:
- Post Graduation from a recognized University in relevant field. For highly experienced candidate, educational qualification can be flexible.
The candidate should have minimum 10 (ten) years of working experience in social development/ human rights/ women development/ violence against women field within national or international organization with minimum five years of experience in similar position.
Considerable experience in working with GoB, NGO counterparts and Development partners is necessary. The candidate should have experience in leading multi disciplinary programs and personnel. Should have experience in writing project proposals and reports for donors. The candidate should have strong experience for result based management including monitoring and evaluation. Knowledge and skills for research, advocacy, material development and prevention of violence against women issues will be added value.
- Good communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated, self-starter, creative and proactive.
- Supportive and committed to work for vulnerable groups, values oriented and gender sensitive.
- Problem solving & decision making skills
- Sound knowledge in relation to human rights and gender aspect. Considerable knowledge on
- Government’s policy, rules and services to combat acid violence.
- Language proficiency in English is essential.
- Competent with application of MS Office.
Salary: BDT 64,420. Negotiable for highly deserving candidates.
(Please apply mentioning the position on the envelope)
Please apply mentioning why you are the most suitable candidate for this position (200 words maximum).
Please submit your application with CV including mandatory core applicant form- download link: http://acidsurvivors.org/career.html and recent passport size photograph to the Executive Director, Acid Survivors Foundation, House-12, Road-22, Block –K, Banani, Dhaka –1213
Apply online addressing “Executive Director, Acid Survivors Foundation” with application, CV with mandatory core applicant form- download link: http://acidsurvivors.org/career.html and recent photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org
on or before 08 April, 2012.
ASF is an equal opportunity employer- Be a proud member of ASF