Marico Bangladesh Limited (MBL), a wholly owned subsidiary of Marico Limited, India, is one of the front footers in the FMCG arena in Bangladesh. It was incorporated on 6 September, 1999 and went into commercial operation on 30 January, 2000 with its flagship brand “Parachute Coconut Oil”. Marico's Consumer Products Business houses well-known brands such as Parachute, Parachute Advansed, Parachute Advansed AfterShower, Parachute Advansed Therapie, Parachute Advansed Cooling Hair Oil, Hair & Care, Parachute Beliphool, Aromatic, Camelia, Saffola, Hair Code, and Kaya among others, which occupy leadership positions with significant market shares. 1 out of every 3 Bangladeshis is a Marico Product consumer.
The right people take an organization in the right direction. We truly believe that acquisition of the right talent is a key process to achieving our business goals. Meritocracy is the guiding principle. Currently, we have an opportunity to be a part of this Winning Team as Executive- Taxation in the Corporate Affairs Department.
Following are the requirements for the position:
- Bachelor degree/Masters in Accounting and/or Finance
- Completed CA Course
- Minimum 2/3 years of experiences in taxation area
- Experience in Tax function in regards to Corporate Tax Assessment
- Strong communication skills
The incumbent will need to engage in the job roles stated below:
- Instrumental in preparation of corporate tax return
- Provide accurate tax advice to internal customers
- Represent tax dealings with internal and external customers
- Interpretation of and compliance for taxation
- Follow up tax compliance to vendor bill payments
- Scrutinize and arrange deposit of TDS, issue TDS certificate to vendors for deducted amount
- Prepare documents and statement for corporate tax assessment
- Scrutinize accounts head wise for expenses in financial statements
- Preserve documents for tax assessment
- Persuade consultants for tax assessment to Circle, Appeal and Appellate Tribunal and for acquiring expert opinions
- Liaison with tax offices i.e. NBR, Commissioner Office etc.
- Instrumental in tax planning
- Assist in VAT related issues & assignments