Position: Deputy Program Manager
Start of the activities: April 01, 2012
Duration of the contract: 10 Months
Salary range: From 40000 BDT
Working place: Tala, Satkhira
Application deadline: Saturday, 24th March, 2011
Presentation of the organization:
SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL is an international humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war and natural disasters. For the past 30 years, the organization’s vocation has been to meet the three vital needs - drinking, eating and sheltering – of vulnerable populations around the world. Our programs mainly focus on emergency relief actions related to water and sanitation but also related to food security as well as shelter and infrastructure rehabilitation and reconstruction. Currently SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL is looking for one dynamic and energetic Civil Engineer for their FRESH program in Tala, Satkhira.
Responsibilities and description of tasks:
- Collect information and assist in the quality analysis of the activities carried out
- Implement activities in accordance with Solidarites International technical requirements and financial donor criteria
- Adhere to measure and monitor activity and result indicators
- Plan and monitor distribution of construction materials as per schedule and provide the logistics department with lists of stock that has been decentralized for the activity (“field” stock)
- Use management, monitoring and evaluation tools in the activities
- Supervise operational teams, contracted suppliers and communities, monitor the efficient use of resources provided
- Assist in creating committees, training and monitoring them
- Pre-empt any difficulties linked to carrying out the activities and facilitate problem solving
- Propose that activities are adapted as the context and indicators change
- Prepare a list of personnel, material and financial resources with the program manager according to the set schedule
- Ensure compliance with national and international norms and quality standards relating to his/her activities
- Support the Program Manager in solving problems among team members, or between teams and partners, communities and beneficiaries
- Identify and pass on team training needs, activities, etc.
- Act as the liaison in the field between the various Program officers
- Facilitate communication between Solidarites International and communities, beneficiaries and other parties in the area
The above mentioned list is not exhaustive, you may be asked to complete other tasks upon request from your managers
- B.Sc / Diploma in Civil Engineering or other relevant field
- Minimum of 3 years experience of working with development organizations and at least 2 years with INGOs in similar position
- Minimum 1 year experience in core shelter construction
- Good command over MS Office, internet and email. Good knowledge on MS Excel is mandatory.
- Excellent reporting and proposal writing skills
- Excellent command on both spoken and written English and Bangla
- Experienced in project management
- Qualities Required : Honest, rigor, dynamic
How to apply:
Send your application (CV+photo and cover letter) in Solidarites International following mail address : email@example.com
Please insert the position name you apply for on the mail subject.
Only the short listed candidates will be contacted for test and interview if relevant.