Action contre la Faim – BANGLADESH
ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM (ACF) is a non-Governmental, non-political, neutral and non-profit international organisation (INGO) that was created in France in 1979 to deliver aid in countries throughout the world. Since 2007, ACF has been providing assistance to vulnerable populations in Bangladesh in the medical, nutrition, mental health, food security, and water and sanitation fields.
ACF is looking for qualified candidate for the position of:
Dhaka (with field visits as and when required)
Number of position
Duration of the contract
12 month (renewable, based on performance)
In coordination with Logistics Coordinator, providing necessary technical logistic support to capital logistic department, base logisticians and participate actively during emergency response and new base openings.
By delegation of Head of Mission/Logistics Coordinator: Act as Head of Base when requested by the HoM/ Log Co. The flying logistician will either fill a gap of logistician in a base or provide support and build the capacities of the existing team.
- Activity planning; objectives for base logistics teams
- Training to the logistics staff in the monthly logistics reporting
- To audit and set up the Supply chain management in the bases, and train on supply chain according to the need
- To coordinate with different departments about the process of their orders
- To elaborate a monthly purchase forecast and follow up
- To supervise and audit the procurements procedures
- To follow, audit and coach base log team on Equipment and Fleet management
- Organization, planning and maintenance of the fleet
- To monitor and identify the construction, rehabilitation and maintenance of all the structures related to the functioning of the base and instruct base log team
- Security management training of the base (logistics and program) staff
- To participate in the logistics assessments during the preparation phase for the new bases openings
- To participate in the need assessment in case of a humanitarian crisis, emergency need
- To organize and provide Logistic support during Emergencies interventions
DEGREE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Master preferably, MBA in commerce / finance/ management
- Extensive proven experience (at least 5 years) in logistics
- Experience at a managerial position in INGO will be an asset for this position.
Good organizer – Diplomacy – Good communication skills - Experience in team management – Rigor – Logistics – Transport – Supplies – Construction – Excellent command of English– Excellent computer skills (MS office, outlook, internet) - mobility
- Monthly Salary : 85,700 BDT
- Other benefits: As per ACF policy
HOW TO APPLY:
Please make sure to submit following document:
- Complete and updated CV + cover letter including professional references
- Recent passport size photograph
- Copy of educational certificates and work certificates
To Human Resources Department, Action Contre la Faim (ACF) Office in Dhaka – Orin Tower (1st Floor), House # 23, Road # 113/A, Gulshan-2, Dhaka # 1212
Closing date for application: 31st March, 2012 (5:00 pm)
- Candidates will be treated strictly on merit and any sorts of verbal or written persuasion will result in disqualification.
- Only complete files will be considered.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by ACF.
- Please be prepared for the technical tests / interviews.