Job Title Specialist-Server, Storage & Backup
Organization Name GPIT Technology.GPIT Infrastructure.Grameenphone IT Ltd.
Role / Department Overview
- Ensure High Efficiency Linux, Intel & UNIX based server infrastructure to ensure high availability services to the customers.
- Deploy systems with respect to application requirements.
- Optimally configure and operate server H/W to interface with the Linux/Solaris/Windows OS.
- Monitor performance, H/W and OS fault to ensure immediate support and vendor escalation
- Ensure performance and high availability for major applications and services to minimize downtime and continuous support for H/W and Operating System
- Provide support in the project activity
- Process improvement for system monitoring and related activities
- Disaster Recovery Operations
- SLA Performance
- Documentation & Reporting as per ISO Service requirement
Education & Experience Requirements
B .SC/M.SC in Computer Science and Engineering from a reputed university
- 3+ Years experience in Unix/Linux administration.
- 2 years working experience on administration and maintenance of virtualization environment such as VMware vSphere 4, Oracle VM and MS Hyper-V
Special Skills Requirements
- Thorough knowledge of client application architecture
- Thorough knowledge of Server Virtualization techniques
- Knowledge of System platforms
- Linux & Windows OS Administration skills
- Knowledge on Networking and Communication technologies
- UNIX administration skill is preferred
- Professional Certification is preferred
Women are strongly encouraged to apply
- All the academic and previous employment documents will be sent for verification to the respective Educational Institutions/ Employer Organization. Any discrepancy will result to the disqualification of the applicant.
- GPIT is an equal opportunity organization and believe in creating gender diversification.