Helen Keller International (HKI), an international NGO, has been working in Bangladesh since 1978. HKI implements different projects in partnership with national and international NGOs. The focus of HKI work is on nutrition, from agriculture to vitamin A supplementation. HKI has been working through its homestead food production program to improve the food security, nutrition, and opportunities for marginalized households in diverse regions of Bangladesh. Currently, HKI is starting up the Project Laser Beam (PLB) to promote diversified household food production, including improved homestead production, poultry and improved marketing of agricultural products. The PLB based in Satkhira District working area will be Shyamnagar, Kaligonj, Debhata and Ashasuni Upazila. The program will concentrate on the promotion of several key sustainable agricultural and marketing practices, but also include intense nutrition education. HKI is looking for qualified personnel for the Finance and Admin Officer position for the PLB based in Satkhira:
Finance and Admin Officer – is responsible for ensuring implementation of all finance and administrative activities in Satkhira district within the PLB which impact on the lives of the poor people and result in lasting positive change.
Required Qualification: The candidate should have Masters/Graduate Degree in Financial Management and at least 3-5 years progressively responsible work experience in the area of Finance and Administration in a development organization/NGO. S/he should have excellent interpersonal skills, fluency in spoken and written English and familiar with MS word, Excel and power point. S/he should have experience of working and dealing with partners (local NGOs and GoB).
Job responsibilities: To ensure that the financial and administrative activities of PLB in Satkhira district are implemented with the maximum efficiency and professionalism to bring about a positive change in the lives of the beneficiaries, through providing constant support to the Program Manager, District Coordinator and other project staffs. Including:
- Carry out day to day financial transaction in the field office;
- Make vouchers, entry of vouchers in cash book and posting in ledger accordingly;
- Maintain books of accounts in updated position;
- Deal with all banking matters and reconcile bank balance with the bank statement at least once in a month;
- Maintain petty cash advance and making petty expenses;
- Make all sorts of accounting adjustment as per guidelines and in accordance with accounting principles;
- Ensure compliance with all accepted financial rules, regulations, procedures;
- Purchase materials and stationery as requested with the approval of the Program Manager or person designated;
- Ensure that all accounting source documents are accurately recorded and all financial activities kept in a true and fare manner;
- Prepare the monthly pay roll and disburse salaries to field staff;
- Responsible for the disbursement of cash, when required and obtain proper vouchers;
- Report all deviancies from HKI established policy and practices as laid down in the financial procedure manual;
- Responsible to the Program Manager through the District Coordinator and as well as the Finance and Administration Manager with regard to financial transactions;
- Preparation of office note and cheques for expenses.
- Financial monitoring to partners, check financila reprot, bill vouchers, projection to partners.
- Visit field and check inputs procurement and distribution to the beneficiaires.
- Provide administrative support to the Program Manager, District Coordinator and other field staff;
- Maintain office records and files in proper order and update them monthly/periodically. Introduce new files or systems in consultation with the District Coordinator, when require;
- Ensure that filing of letters/documents, is done properly and accurately;
- Maintain personnel and confidential files of the field staff and ensure that such contracts and files hold their nature of confidentiality;
- Receive mail or message for the Program Manager, the District Coordinator and other field staff and ensure timely transmitted of these messages including e-mails;
- Routine correspondence for the PLB staff;
- Manage and supervise day-to-day activities of field support staff;
- Ensure and manage transport movement in the field offices;
- Provide logistics support and ensure supplies to the field offices;
- Liaise with Dhaka head office and other field offices for information and related matters;
- Maintain computers, office equipment, vehicle, accommodation etc.;
- Maintain and keep inform in time for servicing of vehicle and ensure that it is properly maintaining;
- Responsible for maintaining and storing of all goods/materials in the field office with the advice of the Program Manager and the District Coordinator;
- Issue items as per requisition which has been prepared properly. Priority should be given to the old stock to be issued first. Maintain stock registers daily with details of all items issued;
- Ensure the proper utilization of the resources;
- Organize meeting seminar and ensure logistic support in a proper way with the advice of the Program Manager and the District Coordinator;
- Liaise with local Govt and Non-Govt, officials and other agencies as per instruction of the Program Manager and the District Coordinator;
- Maintain a movement Register for vehicle as well as personnel.
Interested persons are requested to apply with a complete resume with contact telephone number and a copy of recent passport size photograph. Applications should be sent to: HR Manager, HKI, House No. 10F (3rd Floor), Road No.82, Gulshan-2, Dhaka-1212 or at E-mail: email@example.com by February 15, 2012. Only short listed candidates will be called for interview. A competitive salary package will be offered based on experience and qualifications.
“Helen Keller International is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified women and minorities candidates. The organization has a smoke free working environment.”