Be a proud member of TESCO.
Tesco is one of the world's leading retailers, a company with over 90 years of success stories in the world market. We are now the market leader in the UK with global business revenues of over £60 billion.
Tesco International Sourcing in Bangladesh is going to recruit for the following job role to support its operation and growth in the market.
Position – Garment Technologist
To manage garments for a category from a designated set of suppliers’ factories, starting from design concept to the stage where the garment is ready for production.development processes are of the highest quality so that the right product is delivered at the right price on time.
- Evaluating and ensuring that all products are fitted, sealed, tested and approved so they meet Tesco’s quality, performance, safety and legal requirements
- Implementing Tesco quality systems at every stage of product development
- Doing risk assessment for all new products to identify potential legal or safety issues and define controls to manage them
- Participating in buying trip meetings to assess products and to provide technical inputs
- Inducting suppliers on Tesco’s sampling requirements, testing and quality standards
- Communicating potential issues with new suppliers or any issues relating to garments to the Production Technologist team
- Resolving issues / queries with the country buying teams and suppliers
- Providing support to the team members of Technical Department
- University graduate, preferably in garment manufacturing or textile technology
- At least 5 years’ relevant work experience in buying office or manufacturing environment
- Proven experience in evaluating and fitting products against specifications at design or product development stage
- Excellent communication skills, both in Bangla and English
- Proficiency in computer skills, especially MS Office
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
You can also apply online through bdjobs.com.