Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA)
Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) is an implementing agency of Japanese Official Development Assistance (ODA) in Bangladesh since 1974, By combining three tools of assistance- technical cooperation, concessionary loans and grand aid, JICA provides high quality international cooperation to meet the needs of people living in developing countries. All people around the world are entitled to participate in their development activities, and enjoy the fruits of such efforts. With our vision “Inclusive and Dynamic Development”, JICA aims to provide effective support for endeavors of developing countries and to promote development that will result in a sustainable socio economic growth and poverty reduction.
Administrative Officer (Accounting)
Duration: 1st April 2012 to 30th September 2012 (6 months, by the end of June, 2012, would be probation period. If candidate shows satisfactory performance, the contract would be extended)
JICA Bangladesh Office is looking for a prospective candidate for the post of Administrative Officer (Accounting). Selected candidate will be working in the General Affairs Division of JICA Bangladesh Office. S/he will manage mainly accounting works and various office activities internal and external to run our regular activities smoothly. The candidate is expected to work in a team.
- Execute bank transactions by raising requests for bank transfer, deposit and regular withdrawal;
- Check office accounts monthly, make adjustment, when needed, and prepare monthly statements of office accounts;
- Check every internal approval document related to office expenditure (e.g., air tickets, protocol matters and utility payments) and issue a slip for respective expenditure;
- Process monthly salary payments/allowance with income tax deduction and attendance of national staffs (i.e., paid leaves, over time and hours of absence), preparing salary statements and making requests for salary payments to the bank;
- Prepare monthly payments for advisors, temporary workers, drivers and security guards of the office and office rent, fuel for vehicles and utilities;
- Check regularly payments for general operation costs (e.g., utilities, contracts of temporary workers);
- Execute office expenditure by raising and administering regular expenditure requests, preparing request letters for bank transfers for official procurements and check documents for project expenditure and make adjustment as needed;
- Check quarterly respective project accounts and, if needed, discuss with concerned national staff/expert to address issues identified;
- Assist all JICA staffs including project personnel and experts in opening and closing their individual accounts and, as and when necessary, inquire status of bank transactions (e.g., depositing, withdrawal); and
- Perform any other duties as may be reasonably assigned by the Employer.
Requirement of Candidate
- Excellent command in Japanese writing and speaking must be demonstrated. A copy of certificate of Japanese language test etc. is preferable to be attached. Shortlisted candidates will be tested for Japanese Language writing and speaking proficiency. English skill will also be preferable.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree with honors, preferably in the areas of accounting or bookkeeping.
- At least 03 (three) years of work experience in accounting and office administration.
- High level of interpersonal skills, self-confidence, patience and ability to work in a team often under pressure.
- Operation of word processing, excel.
- Age should be under 35 years.
Application Deadline: February 22, 2012