Walk in Interview
for the position of
Study Physician (Medical Officer)
Child Health Research Foundation (CHRF), based in Dhaka Shishu Hospital, invites applications for the position of Study Physician in its ongoing study ‘Safety and Efficacy of Simplified Antibiotic Regimen for Outpatient Treatment of Suspected Sepsis in Neonates and Young Infants in Bangladesh (SAT)’ for Sylhet site. The positions are for an initial period of 12 (twelve) months with possible extension opportunity.
Working Station: The positions will be based at Zakigonj and Kanaighat upazila of Sylhet district.
Project summary: Safety and Efficacy of Simplified Antibiotic Regimen for Outpatient Treatment of Suspected Sepsis in Neonates and Young Infants in Bangladesh (SAT)’ is an open labeled randomized clinical trial on young infant (0-59 days) with sepsis that aims to establish several simplified home-based antibiotic regimen compared with standard treatment regimen for sepsis. Currently the research project is underway in four hospitals in Dhaka and Chittagong including Dhaka Shishu hospital. This study leads by the Johns Hopkins School of Public Health. The study is monitored by strong scientific group of WHO, USAID, SNL and other national and international institutions. It has its own Data Safety Monitoring Board consisting of renowned scientists around the globe. CHRF is running this project for last two years and now wants to extend the project in Sylhet. CHRF is running multiple studies in different dimension regarding child health and has an interdisciplinary group of epidemiologists, statisticians, microbiologists and clinicians from Dhaka Shishu Hospital, ICDDR,B, Johns Hopkins University, Centre for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO) and Oxford University.
- Conduct assessment of children less than two months of age to determine eligibility for enrolment in a research study.
- Obtain parent’s consent for enrolment in the study.
- Initiate treatment of the enrolled babies as per protocol.
- Conduct daily follow up of enrolled babies at the community.
- Collect information using structured questionnaire and assessment forms.
- Ensure that protocol is followed at each of the activities and good clinical practice is complied.
- Liaise and coordinate with other study personnel, MOHFW officials and community.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- MBBS degree from a Medical College recognized by the Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BMDC) with completed of internship and with good academic records.
- One year experience in pediatrics is preferable.
- Research experience in studies of mother and child health or infectious disease will be an added advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills both in Bangla and English.
- Knowledge in Good Clinical Practice will be an asset.
Salary: 61,500/- (consolidated)
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV with the name of two references to: